Remember to save your receipts! Remember that we don't count grocery stores or gas stations. We are encouraging you to find a way to support the businesses that must be closed to the public right now. www.amadorcommunityfoundation.org
These are challenging times for our community as we deal with the impact of the Coronavirus. While we’re all practicing social distancing to prevent the disease from spreading, it’s of great importance that we support our local businesses here in Amador County as well.
Most of your favorite restaurants and stores are offering curb-side pickup, delivery, or online shopping options to keep their employees working and your needs met. To do our part, the Amador Community Foundation created ACF’s Amador Bucks$ Get Paid to Shop Local! program to promote local shopping during this time. We want to reward you for supporting locally owned and operated small businesses by giving you Free Amador Bucks. Think of it as getting paid to shop local!
Beginning April 1, 2020, for every $100 you spend here in Amador you’ll earn $10 in Amador Bucks on us. All you need to do is shop local, save your receipts, fill out a simple form and send them to the Amador Community Foundation office. We would love to donate your rebate to your favorite local charity in your name, or your free money will be mailed back to you within 5 business days.
• Maximum of $1,000 in receipts from any one business at a time
• Limit of $200 in earned Amador Bucks per person
• Receipts must be dated after the program starting date (April 1, 2020)
• Excludes receipts from: grocery stores, gas/fuel, utility payments, memberships, payment on accounts
• Only local Amador County residents qualify. A maximum of $15,000 in reward dollars available.
Since the ACF Amador Bucks program is to support our local businesses during this difficult time, some restrictions do apply (see below).
Here are some purchases that will really help:
• Gift Certificates or Gift Cards
• Order carry out or delivery meals
• Shop our small retailer’s online stores
• Buy someone in need a meal
• Prepay a gift certificate to support your local gym, salon or non-profit
• Send flowers to brighten someone’s day
The Amador Community Foundation is working regularly to update the businesses that are available now to support. Visit amadorcommunityfoundation.org for ongoing information.
As a community, we will come back from this. And with your help, it hopefully it won’t take long.
How ACF’s Amador Bucks works:
• You spend money at locally owned and operated Amador retailers or restaurants.
• Save your receipt(s) from your transaction.
• Get $10 in “Amador Bucks” for every qualifying $100 spent.
• Place your receipts (or copies) into an envelope along with this form. Mail to Amador Community Foundation PO Box 1154, Jackson, CA 95642.
• Earned Amador Bucks will be donated to the local charity of your choice or mailed to you from ACF’s office within 5 business days.
• We encourage you to spend your earned Amador Bucks at local retailers and restaurants!