Strengthening our Community
- We support activities that engage people and projects that achieve positive community change in Amador County.
- Network building in the nonprofit sector
- Community engagement in local problem solving
- Incubation of community organizations
HEALTHY PLACES AND SPACES
- We support strategies to enhance community environments so that all residents have safe, welcoming accessible places to live, work and play.
- Community revitalization to make public spaces family-friendly and inviting for healthy living (renovation of neighborhood parks, development of playgrounds or recreational facilities, bike/walking trails)
- Access to fresh, affordable and nutritious food choices (nutrition education, community gardens, farmers markets)
- Strategies to increase the availability of public gathering spaces (joint use agreements, general liability insurance solutions for community groups)
- Emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts (volunteer recruitment, disaster response equipment, prevention education)